Do sys logger and stats collector need wait events WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/_PGSTAT_MAIN?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Do sys logger and stats collector need wait events WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/_PGSTAT_MAIN?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Although the pg_stat_activity has no entry for the sys logger and
stats collector (because of no shared memory access), the wait events
WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN and WAIT_EVENT_PGSTAT_MAIN are defined. They
seem to be unnecessary. Passing 0 or some other undefined wait event
value to the existing calls of WaitLatch and WaitLatchOrSocket instead
of WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/WAIT_EVENT_PGSTAT_MAIN, would work. We
can delete these wait events and their info from pgstat.c.

I'm sure this is not so critical, but I'm just checking if someone
feels that they should be removed or have some other reasons for
keeping them.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.