Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com>)
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 10:40 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > For instance, setting last_inactive_time_1 to an invalid value fails
> > with the following error:
> >
> > error running SQL: 'psql:<stdin>:1: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for
> > type timestamp with time zone: "foo"
> > LINE 1: SELECT last_inactive_time > 'foo'::timestamptz FROM pg_repli...
> >

> It would be found at a later point. It would be probably better to
> verify immediately after the test that fetches the last_inactive_time
> value.

Agree. I've added a few more checks explicitly to verify the
last_inactive_time is sane with the following:

        qq[SELECT '$last_inactive_time'::timestamptz > to_timestamp(0)
AND '$last_inactive_time'::timestamptz >
'$slot_creation_time'::timestamptz;]

I've attached the v18 patch set here. I've also addressed earlier
review comments from Amit, Ajin Cherian. Note that I've added new
invalidation mechanism tests in a separate TAP test file just because
I don't want to clutter or bloat any of the existing files and spread
tests for physical slots and logical slots into separate existing TAP
files.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team