Re: postgis 2.3.5 releases

От Keiko Oda
Тема Re: postgis 2.3.5 releases
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Thanks for the answer, understood and good to know.
Just realized that updates of 2.2.x haven't been available also, it makes sense that you're not doing it with 2.3.x.

Thanks!
Keiko Oda

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Keiko Oda 2018-01-10 <CALdf5bSH3nYzgO-FDGaNU9oV-gu-HqX6xDfecQDqiLDfDBdPCA@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have Postgis 2.3.5 (or 2.3.4) package with Postgres 10 or
> earlier, but seems like the available package is only 2.3.3 for now. 2.3.3
> doesn't support Postgres 10, therefore, there is no combination of Postgres
> 10 + 2.3.x.
> Seems like Postgis 2.4.2 was shipped before (which was released at the same
> timing as 2.3.5), but 2.3.5 wasn't included with this update.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1eKUi8-0005gA-N9%40atalia.postgresql.org
>
> Is there some open issue that makes it hard to ship 2.3.5 right now?

We are not supporting several postgis major releases in parallel, just
the latest one. The packaging would be considerably more complex,
which we didn't want to go through.

Old packages for 2.3.2 are available via
http://atalia.postgresql.org/morgue/p/postgis/

Christoph