Re: Query regarding managing Replication

От Ashok Patil
Тема Re: Query regarding managing Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have one query regarding client/server authentication using certificate in postgres.

I am able to establish client server connection with OpenSSL certificate creation.

We can create server and root certificates using OpenSSL and keep them in data directory.
We need to update field in postgresql.conf (example ssl = ON, ssl_cert_file = "Server.crt", ssl_key_file = "Server.key", also for client we need to create certificate and key and need to update it in user directory.

My query is, instead of using a physical certificate from a particular directory, can we use a certificate from the Windows certificate store for both server and client? Server will refer to the installed certificate from the server windows certificate store and the client will use the client windows certificate store.

Please let me know if such a thing we can use. if yes , please share some references.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok