Re: Control your disk usage in PG: Introduction to Disk Quota Extension

От Haozhou Wang
Тема Re: Control your disk usage in PG: Introduction to Disk Quota Extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

We prepared a patch that includes the hook points. And such hook points are needed for disk quota extension.
There are two hooks.
One is SmgrStat_hook. It's used to perform ad-hoc logic in storage when doing smgr create/extend/truncate in general. As for disk quota extension, this hook is used to detect active tables(new created tables, tables extending new blocks, or tables being truncated)
The other is BufferExtendCheckPerms_hook. It's used to perform ad-hoc logic when buffer extend a new block. Since ReadBufferExtended is a hot function, we call this hook only when blockNum == P_NEW. As  for disk quota extension, this hook is used to do query enforcement during the query is loading data.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Haozhou