Re: Speed up Switchover

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Speed up Switchover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Samrat Revagade
<revagade.samrat@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> secondary without having to rsync the data as it can take up to 10 hours.
>>
>> pg_rewind (https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind) is what you need.
>
> But I think it has a problem regarding the hint bits which Robert Hass
> pointed out.
> You can still solve hint bit problem by enabling new checksum feature, But
> you have to face consequences such as performance overhead.

Or, if I understand it correct, you can just make sure that there is
no activity on the old master. Right?

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA+TgmoY4j+p7JY69ry8GpOSMMdZNYqU6dtiONPrcxaVG+SPByg@mail.gmail.com#CA+TgmoY4j+p7JY69ry8GpOSMMdZNYqU6dtiONPrcxaVG+SPByg@mail.gmail.com

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com