Re: The timezone oddities

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: The timezone oddities
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/04/2014 11:23 AM, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
>> Gentoo Linux, PostgreSQL 9.2.4.
>>
>> I'm trying to find out why postgres uses a specific time zone that I
>> don't expect to be used, and without any success so far. The situation
>> seems strange to me, but I could probably miss something.
[...]
> Does the below apply?:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/26874.1391127434@sss.pgh.pa.us

> 1. You ran initdb in a different environment than you normally start the
server in.

No, AFAIK it was always the same server with the same environment.

> 2. You blindly copied the 9.1 postgresql.conf into the 9.3 installation,
overwriting what initdb had done.  If there's no uncommented timezone
setting in the .conf file, 9.3 will fall back to GMT, IIRC.  But that
approach to configuration has a lot of pitfalls besides this one.

No, It was initially 9.2, no major version upgrades were performed.

> In any case the fix is to set the zone you want in postgresql.conf.

I think this will be the solution, but it would be very good if we
could find out the reason too.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com