Re: Please make it easy to drop a database that is in use

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Please make it easy to drop a database that is in use
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Evan Martin
<postgresql@realityexists.net> wrote:
> 1) The workaround requires extra work for each developer (or at least each
> client application) using PostgreSQL, while a fix in PostgreSQL would solve
> this once and for all.

It is not clean what database you need to reconnect automatically
after the dropping. Moreover you may not have permissions to connect
other databases.

> 2) The workaround requires superuser privileges, which I don't think should
> be required to drop your own database.

It does not require it. You might also be an owner to drop the database.