Re: bloating index, pg_restore

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: bloating index, pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM, salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a database which is bloated because of vacuum full, so you find
> indexes bigger than the table itself.

Table can not be bloated because of vacuum full, it removes bloat from
the table and its indexes. The fact that an index is larger then the
table it it built on does not say that something is bloated. Use the
pgstattuple extension to determine bloat
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgstattuple.html.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com