Re: Testing if a Column Exists in a NEW record of a Trigger Function

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Testing if a Column Exists in a NEW record of a Trigger Function
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Simon ... <wedgetail_e@hotmail.com> wrote:
> As part of the Audit process in my psql database, I have a standard set of
> columns "InsertBy", "InsertTime", "LastUpdateBy" & "LastUpdateTme".  I use a
> standard Trigger function [listed below] to ensure the correct details are
> added to each record.
> However, on some data tables where data is only imported and not updated,
> the "Update" columns are not required.
>
> As such, is there a way to test the NEW record variable to see if the column
> "LastUpdateBy" exists?   I could not find any information in the manual to
> describe how this might be done.

It can be done by installing the hstore [1] extension and checking it as

hstore(NEW) ? 'LastUpdateBy'

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/hstore.html

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com