Re: Please make it easy to drop a database that is in use

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Please make it easy to drop a database that is in use
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Evan Martin
<postgresql@realityexists.net> wrote:
> When I'm developing against a PostgreSQL database I often drop and re-create
> it and I often find that the drop fails, because it's "in use by other
> users". This is really annoying, especially when I know full well there are
> no other users - it's just me.

Just connect another (say postgres) database and disconnect the
database you are trying to delete. And keep it in mind.

> hassle, for something that should be a very simple operation. (I'm not even
> writing SQL for it normally, just pressing Delete in pgAdmin.) Secondly,

So I think this proposal/issue should be sent not to PG development
team but to pgAdmin's one. Clients software should make all this
re-connections accordingly to its own rules.

--
Sergey Konoplev

a database architect, software developer at PostgreSQL-Consulting.com
http://www.postgresql-consulting.com

Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com Skype: gray-hemp Phone: +79160686204