Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Steven Crandell
<steven.crandell@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as we were able to gather in the frantic moments of downtime,
> hundreds of queries were hanging up while trying to COMMIT.  This in turn
> caused new queries backup as they waited for locks and so on.
>
> Given that we're dealing with new hardware and the fact that this still acts
> a lot like a NUMA issue, are there other settings we should be adjusting to
> deal with possible performance problems associated with NUMA?
>
> Does this sound like something else entirely?

It does. I collected a number of kernel (and not only) tuning issues
with short explanations to prevent it from affecting database behavior
badly. Try to follow them:

https://code.google.com/p/pgcookbook/wiki/Database_Server_Configuration

--
Sergey Konoplev
Database and Software Architect

Phones:
USA +1 415 867 9984
Russia, Moscow +7 901 903 0499
Russia, Krasnodar +7 988 888 1979

Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?
Сообщение: Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?