Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I have to admit, I find it a bit confusing that so many people report a
> bug and then immediately destroy all evidence of the bug. Just seems to
> a happen a bit too frequently.

You see, businesses usually need it up ASAP again. Sorry, I must have
note down the output of pg_controldata straight after it got broken, I
just have not came up to it.

> Thats not a pg_controldata output from the broken replica though, or is
> it? I guess its from a new standby?

That was the output from the standby that was rsync-ed on top of the
broken one. I thought you might find something useful in it.

Can I test your guess some other way? And what was the guess?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Сообщение: Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages