Re: How to practice on EXPLAIN/optimizing queries/constructing indices

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: How to practice on EXPLAIN/optimizing queries/constructing indices
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Magnus Persson
<magnus.e.persson@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I found https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Using_EXPLAIN but still I feel
> there should be more to it.
> What methods can I use to actually get better at spotting issues with a
> query? How can I go from looking at a fancy EXPLAIN graph produced by
> PgAdmin and realize what the problem is (if there is one)?

There is a good set of articles by depesz that will give you some understanding:

http://www.depesz.com/2013/04/16/explaining-the-unexplainable/
http://www.depesz.com/2013/04/27/explaining-the-unexplainable-part-2/
http://www.depesz.com/2013/04/27/explaining-the-unexplainable-part-3/
http://www.depesz.com/2013/04/27/explaining-the-unexplainable-part-4/
http://www.depesz.com/2013/04/27/explaining-the-unexplainable-part-5/

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (499) 346-7196, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com