Fwd: Windows 10 - pg4 Query Initialization Issue

От Michael Zsolt
Тема Fwd: Windows 10 - pg4 Query Initialization Issue
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi there

Please see forwarded email and attachments below. Dave Page passed along this address after I reached out to him.

Thank you in advance

Mike

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Zsolt <michael.zsolt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 9:25 AM
Subject: Windows 10 - pg4 Query Initialization Issue
To: <dpage@pgadmin.org>

Hi Dave,

Hope you are well. I found your information online that you are the 'maintainer' for pgAdmin. I ran into an issue (which seems to be a bug?) so wanted to just flag it to you and provide any helpful info I can about the product. I am quite new to PostgreSQL (I have R experience but very limited in SQL), so I apologize if my email lacks important details - happy to provide more upon request.

The issue is simple - the majority of the time I try to use the Query Tool in pgAdmin 4 (via web browser), it gives the error message attached. This happens when I am using the UI or the shortcut keys. Once or twice I managed to use the Query Tool successfully, but it is not clear what was unique in those circumstances. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I think the successful Query Tools happened as the first couple tries after I reinstalled - thereafter it has not worked since.

The issue seems to have come up on some help forums, so I will try to answer some of the questions posed there in advance:
  • I am using version 10.4 that I downloaded from this link: https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
  • I installed with the auto-install wizard from that link
  • Previously I was learning from version 9.X (not sure) which had a desktop-based client, rather than web-based, and it did not have this issue
  • I am on 64 bit Windows 10 - system specs also attached in a screenshot
  • I have not attached a log file with debug mode on, but others seem to have tried that and said 'the log file provides limited information to help'
I work for an ice hockey team and plan to use postgres to manage our data next season (starting by the end of the summer) - and am hoping to keep learning more from now to then. Any guesses when you might have this fixed? Or workarounds you would propose in the mean time? I appreciate your help and let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Mike

--

Michael Zsolt
Director of Analytics, Kitchener Rangers

Michael Zsolt, HBA 2012
Director of Analytics, Kitchener Rangers
T: (416)-721-5927
E: michael.zsolt@gmail.com
Вложения