Re: Stream replication test fails of cfbot/windows server 2019

От Pavel Borisov
Тема Re: Stream replication test fails of cfbot/windows server 2019
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
For the record, cfbot only started running the recovery tests on
Windows a couple of weeks ago (when the new improved .cirrus.yml
landed in the tree).  I don't know if it's significant that Pavel's
patch is failing every time:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/3464

... while one mentioned by Michail has lower frequency random failures:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/2979

Thomas, it's not exactly so. The patch https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/3464 failed on the described reason only once.
Previous redness was due to compiler warnings in previous patch versions.

Furthermore, I've sent an updated contrib patch with very minor improvements (completely unrelated to stream replication), and now test passes.
I suppose there's some intermittent problem with windows cfbot infrastructure which arise randomly sometimes and affects some random patches being tested. I have feeling that all patches pushed around yesterday's morning were affected and now everything works good.

It's pity I still have no idea about the source of the problems besides my look at different cfbot behavior sometimes.
--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com