Re: BUG #16329: Valgrind detects an invalid read when building a gist index with buffering

От Pavel Borisov
Тема Re: BUG #16329: Valgrind detects an invalid read when building a gist index with buffering
Дата
Re: BUG #16329: Valgrind detects an invalid read when building a gist index with buffering  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs

2020-05-12 06:51:30.764 MSK postmaster[1439231] LOG:  server process (PID 1439277) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
2020-05-12 06:51:30.764 MSK postmaster[1439231] DETAIL:  Failed process was running: create index gist_pointidx6 on gist_point_tbl using gist(p) include(t) with (buffering = on, fillfactor=50);

Best regards,
Alexander

I investigated this issue under Valgrind and found that in v13 it is no longer detected and the patch in the discussion above is no longer needed.
But I think that increasing test coverage is useful anyway, and it's good to commit tests from this patch (the re-formatted version is below).
Also, there is a minor correction for the case of covering index where only part of the columns are keys, others are just INCLUDE columns.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com