Re: Grouping Sets

От Dev Kumkar
Тема Re: Grouping Sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, no problem. Will await for any other pointers regarding any related
> patch here.
>
> Currently using UNION to archive similar results but looking if anything is
> already done here.
>
> Looks like GROUPING SET was in the TODO list long back.
> http://grokbase.com/t/postgresql/pgsql-general/06aaa4g7cq/cube-rollup-grouping-sets
>
> Am I missing anything here?
>
> Regards...

Me and RhodiumToad discussed the idea recently, after David Fetter
suggested that we work on it. We may start work on it soon, haven't
thought in detail yet though.

Ok, 9.3 feature wise looks all done.

So I believe it will be in any 9.3 + release?

Till then will continue UNION approach as looks like it gives the necessary functionality. Any loopholes here friends?

Regards...