Re: JDBC driver is too fussy about Unicode

От James Pharaoh
Тема Re: JDBC driver is too fussy about Unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The test case works for me, and also on the server. A little
investigation shows one big difference, the code I am using is somehow
using a JDBC2 statement class, whereas adding some output to the test
case when it runs successfully shows me using a JDBC4 one.

Furthermore, the app in question has a page where I can enter queries
in groovy. Trying a similar testcase there also works, but I am
getting a JDBC3 statement class.

I have a feeling this might be a big part of the problem but don't
really know enough about what is going on underneath to be sure. I am
using Hibernate 3.3.2 which is a little old.

I wonder if it is somehow managing to force the driver to use JDBC2?
How would you write a testcase to do this?

Does the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL contain compatibility code for
JDBC2 and could it be that there is a bug there?

Of course, I could try and upgrade Hibernate as well. I'll look into
that but the last time I had to do that it didn't work out so well.

Thanks,
James

--
James Pharaoh
Pharaoh Systems Limited

Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver is too fussy about Unicode
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver is too fussy about Unicode