Re: return correct error code from pgtls_init

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: return correct error code from pgtls_init
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 6:14 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:32:59AM -0700, Zhihong Yu wrote:
> It seems error code checking in pgtls_init() should follow the same
> convention as PG codebase adopts - i.e. the non-zero error code should be
> returned (instead of hard coded -1).
>
> Please see the attached patch.

I don't see the point of changing this.  First, other areas of
fe-secure-openssl.c use a harcoded value of -1 as error codes, so the
current style is more consistent.  Second, if we were to change that,
why are you not changing one call of pthread_mutex_lock()?
--
Michael

Hi,
Looking at the -1 return, e.g.

            pq_lockarray = malloc(sizeof(pthread_mutex_t) * CRYPTO_num_locks());

when pq_lockarray is NULL. We can return errno.

I didn't change call to pthread_mutex_lock() because PGTHREAD_ERROR() is used which aborts.

Cheers