Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 7:06 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 12:23 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 6:19 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > On 7/13/21 8:09 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll have time in this CF to solve some
> > > very fundamental issues I found in the patch during the last cycle.
> > > I’m fine with either marking this as RwF for now or move to the next CF.
> >
> > Amit, do you have time now to work on this?
>
> I will take some time next week to take a fresh look at this and post an update.

So I started looking at this today.  I didn't make much an inroad into
the stumbling block with 0002 patch that I had mentioned back in [1],
though I decided to at least post a rebased version of the patches
that apply.

I think 0001 is independently committable on its own merits,
irrespective of the yet unresolved problems of 0002, a patch to fix
$subject, which I'll continue to work on.

0003 shows a test that crashes the server due to said problem.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BHiwqHMpNZOc2Z-zgdO9hbJ7wMCOC%3DWpJYszVusZ%3DoE2OTf8w%40mail.gmail.com
Hi,
For patch 0001, GetForeignKeyActionTriggers:

+   if (!OidIsValid(*deleteTriggerOid) || !OidIsValid(*updateTriggerOid))
+       elog(ERROR, "could not find action triggers of foreign key constraint %u",

I think if the error message includes whether it is the delete or update trigger that isn't found, it would be helpful.

Similar comment for error message in GetForeignKeyCheckTriggers().

Cheers