Re: Use extended statistics to estimate (Var op Var) clauses

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: Use extended statistics to estimate (Var op Var) clauses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 6:04 PM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 8/31/21 00:14, Zhihong Yu wrote:
> Hi,
> For patch 0002,
>
> +                   s1 = statext_clauselist_selectivity(root, clauses,
> varRelid,
> +                                                       jointype,
> sjinfo, rel,
> +
> &estimatedclauses, false);
> +
> +                   estimated = (bms_num_members(estimatedclauses) == 1);
>
> I took a look at clauselist_apply_dependencies() (called by
> statext_clauselist_selectivity) where estimatedclauses is modified.
> Since the caller would not use the returned Selectivity if number of
> elements in estimatedclauses is greater than 1, I wonder
> if a parameter can be added to clauselist_apply_dependencies() which
> indicates early return if the second element is added to estimatedclauses.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you suggesting there's a
bug in not updating the bitmap, or would this be an optimization? Can
you give an example of a query affected by this?

Hi,
My previous comment was from 3 months ago - let me see if I can come up with an example.

Cheers

regards

--
Tomas Vondra