Re: Rules versus triggers

От Justin
Тема Re: Rules versus triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes a rule can rewrite query or replace the query

Read through Depesz  post about rules and the weird side affects that can occurr

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 9:57 AM stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 09:47:39AM -0500, Justin wrote:
> Hi Stan
>
> Rules actual are able to rewrite the SQL query sent to  postgresql.  Most
> everyone suggestion is avoid rules.
>
> Triggers are just like every other databases Triggers firing off code for
> Insert/Update/Delete/Truncate event
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createtrigger.html

So, the RULE can actually rewrite the query, instead of replacing it,
which is what I m doing in the function, correct?
neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin