Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql

От Dinesh Chemuduru
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Everyone,

Let me know if anything else is needed on my end

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 at 10:54, Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh.kumar@migops.com> wrote:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 22:04, Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 3:15 AM Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh.kumar@migops.com> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Attaching the latest patch here(It's the recent patch), and looking for more suggestions/inputs from the team.

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 13:09, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 01:58:58PM +0530, Dinesh Chemuduru wrote:
> The proposed statements are much clear, but will wait for other’s
> suggestion, and will fix it accordingly.

This update was three weeks ago, and no new version has been
provided, so I am marking this as returned with feedback in the CF
app.  If you can work more on this proposal and send an updated patch,
please feel free to resubmit.
--
Michael
Hi,

+int
+set_errquery(const char *query)

Agreed,

The other error log relateds functions are also not following the void as return type and they are using the int.
So, I tried to submit the same behaviour.

See other error log related functions in src/backend/utils/error/elog.c

Since the return value is ignored, the return type can be void.

Cheers