Re: Is it possible to have a cascade upwards query?

От Joseph Testa
Тема Re: Is it possible to have a cascade upwards query?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is this like a cascade delete based on constraints(like in the oracle world), delete parent and all children go away also?

joe

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 12:15 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 3/27/19 8:58 AM, Mike Martin wrote:
> As per title, is this possible?
>
> Scenario being two tables with a linking pair of fields, where one table
> is a superset of the other and key is generated by the second table
>
> I would like to have the record in table two deleted when I delete the
> record in table 1

Sorry not enough coffee in me yet to figure the above out:)

Could you provide a simple diagram(schema) to illustrate?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com