Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 at 20:54, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> On 18.12.23 14:52, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> 2) I had seen that if sed/gzip is not available meson build will fail:
> >> 2.a)
> >> Program gsed sed found: NO
> >> meson.build:334:6: ERROR: Program 'gsed sed' not found or not executable
> >
> > Yes, this would need to be improved.  Currently, sed is only required if
> > either selinux or dtrace is enabled, which isn't supported on Windows.
> > But we should adjust the build scripts to not fail the top-level setup
> > run unless those options are enabled.
> >
> >> 2.b)
> >> Program gzip found: NO
> >> meson.build:337:7: ERROR: Program 'gzip' not found or not executable
> >
> > gzip is only required for certain test suites, so again we should adjust
> > the build scripts to not fail the build but instead skip the tests as
> > appropriate.
>
> Here are patches for these two issues.  More testing would be appreciated.

Thanks for the patches, Windows build is successful without these binaries.
In linux when I try with Dtrace enabled, it throws the following error:
Compiler for C supports arguments -fPIC: YES
Compiler for C supports link arguments -Wl,--as-needed: YES
Configuring pg_config_paths.h using configuration

src/include/utils/meson.build:39:2: ERROR: Tried to use not-found
external program in "command"

With Dtrace enabled we should throw the original error that we were
getting i.e.:
ERROR: Program sed not found or not executable

Another observation is that we could include the executable name in
this case something like:
ERROR: Tried to use not-found external program "sed" in "command"

Regards,
Vignesh

Сообщение: Re: Function to get invalidation cause of a replication slot.
Сообщение: Re: Function to get invalidation cause of a replication slot.