Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:27 AM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 11:22 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ---
> > +                       if (!IsA(node, String))
> > +                               ereport(ERROR,
> > +                                               errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
> > +                                               errmsg("invalid schema
> > name at or near"),
> > +
> > parser_errposition(pstate, pubobj->location));
> >
> > The error message should mention where the invalid schema name is at
> > or near. Also, In the following example, the error position in the
> > error message seems not to be where the invalid schemaname s.s is:
> >
> > postgres(1:47707)=# create publication p for all tables in schema s.s;
> > ERROR:  invalid schema name at or near
> > LINE 1: create publication p for all tables in schema s.s;
> >                                  ^
> >

> I noticed this, too. And I think it could be fixed by the following change, thoughts?

I fixed it by updating the location at pubobj_expr

> Besides, about this change in tab-complete.c:
>
> +       else if (Matches("ALTER", "PUBLICATION", MatchAny, "ADD|DROP|SET", "SCHEMA"))
> +               COMPLETE_WITH_QUERY(Query_for_list_of_schemas
> +                                                       " UNION SELECT 'CURRENT_SCHEMA'");
>
> It should be "ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA" not "SCHEMA" at the first line, right?

Modified.

The v32 patch attached at [1] handles the above.
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm1R-xbQvz4LU5OXu3KKwbWOz3uDcT_YjRU6V0R5FZDYDg%40mail.gmail.com

Regards.
Vignesh

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Сообщение: Re: Added schema level support for publication.