Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations

От vignesh C
Тема Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 at 16:37, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

> > On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 2:31 AM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
> > >
> > > Next steps:
> > > - Break the patch into a series of smaller patches.
> > > - Add TAP tests (test the ability to actually login with these passwords)
> > > - Add/update documentation
> > > - Add more regression tests
>
> Please see attached the v4 of the patchset that introduces the notion
> of named passwords slots, namely 'first' and 'second' passwords, and
> allows users to address each of these passwords separately for the
> purposes of adding, dropping, or assigning expiration times.
>
> Apart from the changes described by each patch's commit title, one
> significant change since v3 is that now (included in v4-0002...patch)
> it is not allowed for a role to have a mix of a types of passwords.
> When adding a password, the patch ensures that the password being
> added uses the same hashing algorithm (md5 or scram-sha-256) as the
> existing password, if any.  Having all passwords of the same type
> helps the server pick the corresponding authentication method during
> connection attempt.
>
> The v3 patch also had a few bugs that were exposed by cfbot's
> automatic run. All those bugs have now been fixed, and the latest run
> on the v4 branch [1] on my private Git repo shows a clean run [1].
>
> The list of patches, and their commit titles are as follows:
>
> > v4-0001-...patch Add new columns to pg_authid
> > v4-0002-...patch Update password verification infrastructure to handle two passwords
> > v4-0003-...patch Added SQL support for ALTER ROLE to manage two passwords
> > v4-0004-...patch Updated pg_dumpall to support exporting a role's second password
> > v4-0005-...patch Update system views pg_roles and pg_shadow
> > v4-0006-...patch Updated pg_authid catalog documentation
> > v4-0007-...patch Updated psql's describe-roles meta-command
> > v4-0008-...patch Added documentation for ALTER ROLE command
> > v4-0009-...patch Added TAP tests to prove that a role can use two passwords to login
> > v4-0010-...patch pgindent run
> > v4-0011-...patch Run pgperltidy on files changed by this patchset
>
> Running pgperltidy updated many perl files unrelated to this patch, so
> in the last patch I chose to include only the one perl file that is
> affected by this patchset.

CFBot shows that the patch does not apply anymore as in [1]:
=== Applying patches on top of PostgreSQL commit ID
4d969b2f85e1fd00e860366f101fd3e3160aab41 ===
=== applying patch
./v4-0002-Update-password-verification-infrastructure-to-ha.patch
patching file src/backend/libpq/auth.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 828.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 886 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 907 (offset -2 lines).
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/backend/libpq/auth.c.rej

Please post an updated version for the same.

[1] - http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_46_4432.log

Regards,
Vignesh