Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication

От vignesh C
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 17:02, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 7:26 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the comments, the attached v13 version patch has the
> > changes for the same.
> >

> +
> + ReplicationOriginNameForLogicalRep(subid, InvalidOid, originname,
> sizeof(originname));
> + originid = replorigin_by_name(originname, false);
> + replorigin_advance(originid, sublsn, InvalidXLogRecPtr,
> +    false /* backward */ ,
> +    false /* WAL log */ );
>
> This seems to update the origin state only in memory. Is it sufficient
> to use this here? Anyway, I think using this requires us to first
> acquire RowExclusiveLock on pg_replication_origin something the patch
> is doing for some other system table.

Added the lock.

The attached v14 patch at [1] has the changes for the same.
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm20%3DBk_w9jDZXEqkJ3_NUAxOBswCn4jR-tmh-MqNpPZYw%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Some performance degradation in REL_16 vs REL_15
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication