Re: Issue in postgres_fdw causing unnecessary wait for cancel request reply

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Issue in postgres_fdw causing unnecessary wait for cancel request reply
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 at 23:34, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2023/04/13 11:00, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > Agreed, it seems to be a leftover when we moved to parse_int_param()
> > in that area.
>
> It looks like there was an oversight in commit e7a2217978. I've attached a patch (0002) that updates PQconnectPoll()
touse parse_int_param() for parsing the keepalives parameter.

> As this change is not directly related to the bug fix, it may not be necessary to back-patch it to the stable
versions,I think. Thought?

> >> To clarify, are you suggesting that PQgetCancel() should
> >> only parse the parameters for TCP connections
> >> if cancel->raddr.addr.ss_family != AF_UNIX?
> >> If so, I think that's a good idea.
> >
> > You're right. I used connip in the diff because I thought it provided
> > the same condition, but in a simpler way.
>
> I made a modification to the 0001 patch. It will now allow PQgetCancel() to parse and interpret TCP connection
parametersonly when the connection is not made through a Unix-domain socket.

> > However, I notcied that PQgetCancel() doesn't set errbuf.. So, I'm
> > fine with your proposal.
>
> Ok.
>

> >> I think it is important to inform the user when an error
> >> occurs and a cancel request cannot be sent, as this information
> >> can help them identify the cause of the problem (such as
> >> setting an overly large value for the keepalives parameter).
> >
> > Although I view it as an internal error, I agree with emitting some
> > error messages in that situation.
>
> Ok.

I have changed the status of the patch to "Waiting on Author" as all
the issues are not addressed. Feel free to address them and change the
status accordingly.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Show WAL write and fsync stats in pg_stat_io
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)