Re: abi-compliance-checker

От vignesh C
Тема Re: abi-compliance-checker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 16:43, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> Here is an updated version of this patch.  It doesn't have any new
> functionality, just a rebase and some minor adjustments.
>
> I have split up the one patch into several ones, which could be
> considered incrementally, namely:
>
> v3-0001-abidw-option.patch
>
> This adds the abidw meson option, which produces the xml files with the
> ABI description.  With that, you can then implement a variety of
> workflows, such as the abidiff proposed in the later patches, or
> something rigged up via CI, or you can just build various versions
> locally and compare them.  With this patch, you get the files to compare
> built automatically and don't have to remember to cover all the
> libraries or which options to use.
>
> I think this patch is mostly pretty straightforward and agreeable,
> subject to technical review in detail.
>
> TODO: documentation
> TODO: Do we want a configure/make variant of this?
>
> v3-0002-Enable-abidw-option-on-Cirrus-CI.patch
>
> This adds the abidw option to some CI tasks.  This was mostly used by me
> during development to get feedback from other machines and to produce
> base files for the subsequent abidiff patch.  I'm not sure whether we
> need it in isolation (other than for general testing that the option
> works at all).
>
> v3-0003-abidiff-option.patch
>
> This adds the abidiff test suite that compares base files previously
> produced with the abidw option to the currently built libraries.  There
> is clearly some uncertainty here whether the produced files are stable
> enough, whether we want this particular workflow, what additional
> burdens this would create, etc., so I'm not hung up on this right now,
> it's mostly a demonstration.
>
> v3-0004-abidiff-support-files.patch
>
> This contains the support files for patch 0003, just split out because
> they are bulky and boring.

One of the test has failed in cfbot at [1] with:
abi-compliance-checker
[12:04:10.537] The output from the failed tests:
[12:04:10.537]
[12:04:10.537] 129/282 postgresql:abidiff / plpgsql.abidiff FAIL 1.25s
(exit status 4)
[12:04:10.537]
[12:04:10.537] --- command ---
[12:04:10.537] 12:03:00 /usr/bin/abidiff
/tmp/cirrus-ci-build/build/../src/pl/plpgsql/src/plpgsql.x86_64-linux.abi.xml
src/pl/plpgsql/src/plpgsql.so
[12:04:10.537] --- Listing only the last 100 lines from a long log. ---
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_RoleSpec' from value '66' to '67' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_FuncCall' from value '67' to '68' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_A_Star' from value '68' to '69' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_A_Indices' from value '69' to '70' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_A_Indirection' from value '70' to '71' at
nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_A_ArrayExpr' from value '71' to '72' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_ResTarget' from value '72' to '73' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_MultiAssignRef' from value '73' to '74' at
nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_SortBy' from value '74' to '75' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.537] 'NodeTag::T_WindowDef' from value '75' to '76' at nodes.h:26:1
[12:04:10.592] -------
[12:04:10.592]
[12:04:10.592]
[12:04:10.592] Summary of Failures:
[12:04:10.592]
[12:04:10.592] 129/282 postgresql:abidiff / plpgsql.abidiff FAIL 1.25s
(exit status 4)

[1] - https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5961614579466240

Regards,
Vignesh