Re: block-level incremental backup

От vignesh C
Тема Re: block-level incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 4:51 PM Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:46 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Few comments:
>> Comment:
>> + buf = (char *) malloc(statbuf->st_size);
>> + if (buf == NULL)
>> + ereport(ERROR,
>> + (errcode(ERRCODE_OUT_OF_MEMORY),
>> + errmsg("out of memory")));
>> +
>> + if ((cnt = fread(buf, 1, statbuf->st_size, fp)) > 0)
>> + {
>> + Bitmapset  *mod_blocks = NULL;
>> + int nmodblocks = 0;
>> +
>> + if (cnt % BLCKSZ != 0)
>> + {
>>
>> We can use same size as full page size.
>> After pg start backup full page write will be enabled.
>> We can use the same file size to maintain data consistency.
>

> Can you please explain which size?
> The aim here is to read entire file in-memory and thus used statbuf->st_size.

Instead of reading the whole file here, we can read the file page by page. There is a possibility of data inconsistency if data is not read page by page, data will be consistent if read page by page as full page write will be enabled at this time.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Bug in GiST paring heap comparator