Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes

От vignesh C
Тема Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 8:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 7:58 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have changed it to:
> >> <literal>ADD</literal> adds additional publications,
> >> -      <literal>DROP</literal> removes publications from the list of
> >> +      <literal>DROP</literal> removes publications to/from the list of
>
> > How about "Publications are added to or dropped from the existing list
> > respectively." ?
>
> We generally prefer to use the active voice, so I don't think
> restructuring the sentence that way is an improvement.  The quoted
> bit would be better left alone entirely.  Or maybe split it into
> two sentences, but keep the active voice.

I felt changing it to the below was better:
SET replaces the entire list of publications with a new list, ADD adds
additional publications to the list of publications and DROP removes
the publications from the list of publications.

Attached patch has the change for the same.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements