Re: Refactor to make use of a common function for GetSubscriptionRelations and GetSubscriptionNotReadyRelations.

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Refactor to make use of a common function for GetSubscriptionRelations and GetSubscriptionNotReadyRelations.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 4:34 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 7:55 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Right.  Using all_rels to mean that we'd filter relations that are not
> > > ready is a bit confusing, though.  Perhaps this could use a bitmask as
> > > argument.
> >
> > The attached v2 patch has the modified version which includes the
> > changes to make the argument as bitmask.
> >

> By using a bitmask I think there is an implication that the flags can
> be combined...
>
> Perhaps it is not a problem today, but later you may want more flags. e.g.
> #define SUBSCRIPTION_REL_STATE_READY 0x02 /* READY relations */
>
> then the bitmask idea falls apart because IIUC you have no intentions
> to permit things like:
> (SUBSCRIPTION_REL_STATE_NOT_READY | SUBSCRIPTION_REL_STATE_READY)
>
> IMO using an enum might be a better choice for that parameter.

Changed it to enum so that it can be extended to support other
subscription relations like ready state subscription relations later
easily. The attached v3 patch has the changes for the same.

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения