Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 6:56 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> From Thur, Sep 2, 2021 7:42 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 11:58 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > Below are few comments on v23. If you have already addressed anything in v24,
> > then ignore it.
> >
> > 1. The commit message says: A new system table "pg_publication_schema"
> > has been added, to maintain the schemas that the user wants to publish
> > through the publication.". The alternative name for this system table could be
> > "pg_publication_namespace". The reason why this alternative comes to my
> > mind is that the current system table to store schema information is named
> > pg_namespace. So shouldn't we be consistent here?
> > What do others think about this?
>
> Since the new system table refer to pg_namespace, so, personally, I am +1 for
> "pg_publication_namespace".

I have changed it as part of v25 patch attached at [1]
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm2SytXy2TDnzzYkXWKgNp74ssPBXrkMXEyac1qVYSRkbw%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Added schema level support for publication.