Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:27 PM Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vignesh,
>

>> I have handled the above scenario(drop schema should automatically
>> remove the schema entry from publication schema relation) & addition
>> of tests in the new v2 patch attached.
>> Thoughts?
>

> Please see some initial comments:
>
> 1. I think there should be more tests to show that the schema data is actually replicated
> to the subscriber.  Currently, I am not seeing the data being replicated when I use FOR SCHEMA.
>
> 2. How does replication behave when a table is added or removed from a subscribed schema
> using ALTER TABLE SET SCHEMA?
>
> 3. Can we have a default schema like a public or current schema that gets replicated in case the user didn't
> specify one, this can be handy to replicate current schema tables.

I felt supporting a syntax like below will be useful for supporting current schema:
create publication testpub for schema schema_name
or
create publication testpub for schema CURRENT_SCHEMA

Let the user specify CURRENT_SCHEMA explicitly if required instead of not specifying anything.

I have implemented similar lines in the V6 patch at [1]. Thoughts?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm10g2h29a-oFHsadk-Du6RDhnVQT_vfTGqR82DsjxQLqQ%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh