Re: enhance pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() to log memory contexts of auxiliary processes

От vignesh C
Тема Re: enhance pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() to log memory contexts of auxiliary processes
Дата
Ответ на Re: enhance pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() to log memory contexts of auxiliary processes  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:27 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:04 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 7:47 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> > <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I've modified the docs part a bit, please consider v3 for review.
> >
> > Thanks for the update patch, Few comments:
> > 1) Should we change "CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS()" to
> > "CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() or process specific interrupt handlers"
>
> Done.
>
> > 2) Should we mention Postmaster process also along with logger and
> > statistics collector process
> > +        <glossterm linkend="glossary-backend">backend</glossterm> or the
> > +        <glossterm linkend="glossary-wal-sender">WAL sender</glossterm> or the
> > +        <glossterm linkend="glossary-auxiliary-proc">auxiliary
> > process</glossterm>
> > +        with the specified process ID. All of the
> > +        <glossterm linkend="glossary-auxiliary-proc">auxiliary
> > processes</glossterm>
> > +        are supported except the <glossterm
> > linkend="glossary-logger">logger</glossterm>
> > +        and the <glossterm
> > linkend="glossary-stats-collector">statistics collector</glossterm>
> > +        as they are not connected to shared memory the function can
> > not make requests.
> > +        The backtrace will be logged at <literal>LOG</literal> message level.
> > +        They will appear in the server log based on the log configuration set
> > +        (See <xref linkend="runtime-config-logging"/> for more information),
> > +        but will not be sent to the client regardless of
>
> Done.
>
> Attaching v4 patch, please review it further.

One small comment:
1) There should be a space in between "<literal>LOG</literal>message level"
+        it can) for memory contexts. These memory contexts will be logged at
+        <literal>LOG</literal>message level. They will appear in the server log
+        based on the log configuration set (See <xref
linkend="runtime-config-logging"/>
+        for more information), but will not be sent to the client regardless of

The rest of the patch looks good to me.

Regards,
Vignesh