Re: missing GRANT on pg_subscription columns

От vignesh C
Тема Re: missing GRANT on pg_subscription columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 10:39 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > "Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> writes:
> > > I was checking the GRANT on pg_subscription and noticed that the command is not
> > > correct. There is a comment that says "All columns of pg_subscription except
> > > subconninfo are readable". However, there are columns that aren't included: oid
> > > and subsynccommit. It seems an oversight in the commits 6f236e1eb8c and
> > > 887227a1cc8.
> >
> > Ugh.
> >
> > > There are monitoring tools and data collectors that aren't using a
> > > superuser to read catalog information (I usually recommend using pg_monitor).
> > > Hence, you cannot join pg_subscription with relations such as
> > > pg_subscription_rel or pg_stat_subscription because column oid has no
> > > column-level privilege. I'm attaching a patch to fix it (indeed, 2 patches
> > > because of additional columns for v14). We should add instructions in the minor
> > > version release notes too.
> >
> > I agree with fixing this in HEAD.  But given that this has been wrong
> > since v10 with zero previous complaints, I doubt that it is worth the
> > complication of trying to do something about it in the back branches.
> > Maybe we could just adjust the docs there, instead.
> >

> This sounds reasonable to me. Euler, can you provide the doc updates
> for back-branches?

Attached patch has the documentation changes for the back-branches. As
there is no specific reason for this, I have just mentioned
"Additionally normal users can't access columns oid and
subsynccommit." The same patch applies till V10 branch.

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения