Re: [GENERAL] PSQL command line print speed

От Adrian Myers
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PSQL command line print speed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ah I should have mentioned, the pager is off.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/17/2017 09:22 AM, Adrian Myers wrote:

Please reply to list also
Ccing list

Hi Adrian, it is running locally.

In addition to Pavel's suggestions:

In psql what does \pset show for the pager setting?

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:

    On 05/17/2017 09:03 AM, Adrian Myers wrote:

        Is there a way to speed up the actual line-by-line display of
        the psql console in version 8.4?

        Queries which perform in a few milliseconds through a driver
        (psycopg2 in this case) can take several seconds or minutes to
        complete in the console, seemingly just due to it printing lines
        at a very leisurely pace (in other words, this is not the delay
        caused by the query itself, often it starts printing almost
        instantly but spends a very long time just writing output).
        While overall application performance is unaffected, simple
        admin tasks and poking around the data take longer than I would
        like as a result. Is there any way to improve just the
        display/write performance in the console?

    Is this a psql client local to the server machine or across a network?

        Thanks for any insight,
        Adrian

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PSQL command line print speed
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PSQL command line print speed