Re: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq

От Surafel Temesgen
Тема Re: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey ,
Here are a few comment.
+     <varlistentry id="libpq-connect-falover-timeout"
xreflabel="failover_timeout">
Here's a typo: ="libpq-connect-falover-timeout"
+    {"failover_timeout", NULL, NULL, NULL,
+        "Failover Timeout", "", 10,
Word is separated by hyphen in internalPQconninfoOption lable as a
surrounding code
+        If the value is <literal>random</literal>, the host to connect to
+        will be randomly picked from the list. It allows load balacing between
+        several cluster nodes.
I Can’t think of use case where randomly picking a node rather than in
user specified order can load balance the cluster better. Can you
explain the purpose of this feature more? And in the code I can’t see
a mechanism for preventing picking one host multiple time
By the way patch doesn’t apply cleanly I think it need a rebase
http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_19_1631.log

Regards
Surafel