Re: Partial index "microvacuum"

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Partial index "microvacuum"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 7:25 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> What about v14? There were significant changes to the
> microvacuum/index deletion stuff in that release:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/btree-implementation.html#BTREE-DELETION

Huh.  Interesting.  I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of this work and didn't
have version 14 at hand.  But it looks like both the partial index as
well as the secondary index on (id::text) get cleaned up nicely there.
I even tried a version where I have a snapshot open for the entire
run, and the subsequents SELECTs clean the bloat up.  I'll need to
read up on the details a bit to understand exactly what changed, but
it appears that at least this particular pattern has already been
fixed.

Thank you so much for your work on this!

.m