Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 2:46 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
On 1/11/17 5:54 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
+    <listitem>
+     <para>
+      When result is assigned to a variable by <literal>INTO</literal> clause,
+      checks if query returns more than one row. In this case the assignment
+      is not deterministic usually - and it can be signal some issues in design.

Shouldn't this also apply to

var := blah FROM some_table WHERE ...;

?

AIUI that's one of the beefs the plpgsql2 project has.

No, not at all.  That syntax is undocumented and only works because PL/PgSQL is a hack internally.  We don't use it, and frankly I don't think anyone should.

.m