Re: file system level backup

От zach cruise
Тема Re: file system level backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Questions:

    1) Both servers are x64?

     > yes

    2) What installation files(Graphical installer, source,etc)?

     > postgresql-9.3.0-1-windows-x64 from enterprisedb.com
    <http://enterprisedb.com>

    3) Does the data directory have the config files?

     > yes

         however, postgresql b won't start ("not listening")?

    4) How are you starting?

     > pgadmin -> start server

    5) What is the exact error message and where are you seeing it?

     > "server not listening on port 5432" in cmd ('netstat -ab | find
    "5432"' also returns empty)

Have you checked what port is set up in postgresql.conf?

> yes (port = 5432)

I am not that familiar with Windows and pgAdmin so I will resort to the docs:

Does any of the below apply?

http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/connect.html

"If pgAdmin is running on a Windows machine, it can control the postmaster service if you have enough access rights. Enter the name of the service. In case of a remote server, it must be prepended by the machine name (e.g. PSE1\pgsql-8.0). pgAdmin will automatically discover services running on your local machine. "

> thanks. it doesn't help. i also tried pg_ctl without luck (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pg-ctl.html).

         so i restored postgresql b's old /data/, but it still won't start?!

    6) So there was an existing Postgres instance at b?

     > yes. two installations - a and b.

I am still not understanding. You have a 2008 server at a and one at b. You copied the Postgres data files from 2008 server a to  2008 server b. This did not work, so you say you restored the data directory on server b from an old copy of the data directory at b.

So where did that old copy come from?