[GENERAL] Convert Datum to an user-defined data type?

От Anh Pham
Тема [GENERAL] Convert Datum to an user-defined data type?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi everyone,
I have created a new data types using SQL in a database:

CREATE TYPE type1 AS (
score integer,
time integer[],
);

I also created a server extension module (C code), and I was able to retrieve a Datum value of type1 from the database (using SPI_ functions)
My question is: how can I convert that Datum value back to type1 data structure (in C code), so I can easily deal with score and time values?

typedef struct type1{
int score;
int *time;
} type1;

PS: I really don't want to deal with cstring to in order to get the score and time attributes.

Many thanks :)