Re: BUG #17051: Incorrect params inferred on PREPARE

От Arthur McGibbon
Тема Re: BUG #17051: Incorrect params inferred on PREPARE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you for the quick reply.

Could you point me to the documentation - I could only find https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-prepare.html and it doesn't mention how unknown params are handled.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 14:05, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

I'd hope that PostgreSQL would infer a "timestamp" type here or reply with
an error that it couldn't infer the parameter type.
Why does it default to type "text" and then effectively say the query is
invalid?

Because no one has gotten a patch approved (not sure when/if there was a last attempt for this specific situation) to make the system “smarter”.

I can cast my parameter in the query to get around this but am submitting
the bug because inferring "text" seems wrong.

Maybe, but the failure to be more intelligent in this area is not itself a bug, and the rules for unknown literal resolution defaulting to text are documented.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17051: Incorrect params inferred on PREPARE
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17051: Incorrect params inferred on PREPARE