Question about the release schedules of RPM packages

От William Burke
Тема Question about the release schedules of RPM packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hello,

My company is considering using the Oracle Compatibility functions package with our PostgreSQL 9.3 database, but there are some concerns that there would be a time gap between any future official releases of PostgreSQL and the packages which may or may not cause issues with the functionality of the RPM package.

For example, if the orafce RPM package for PostgreSQL 9.3 requires changes in PostgreSQL 9.4, would a new and updated version of orafce RPM package be available as soon as the official PostgreSQL 9.4 release or would it take "x" amount of time after the official release of 9.4 for the orafce RPM package to be updated?

Once we get this concern addressed we will be able to make the decision to either move forward with use of this package in production or not.

Thanks in advance,
William