OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?

От Yang Zhang
Тема OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?
Дата
Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?  (Julian Glass <tempura@internode.on.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I would intuit that it's fine, but I just want to make sure there are
no gotchas from a recovery point of view:

If I were to lose my temp tablespace upon system crash, would this
prevent proper crash recovery?

Also, if I were to omit the temp tablespace from the base backup,
would that prevent proper backup recovery?

Thanks.