Basic question on recovery and disk snapshotting

От Yang Zhang
Тема Basic question on recovery and disk snapshotting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We're running on EBS volumes on EC2.  We're interested in leveraging
EBS snapshotting for backups.  However, does this mean we'd need to
ensure our pg_xlog is on the same EBS volume as our data?

(I believe) the usual reasoning for separating pg_xlog onto a separate
volume is for performance.  However, if they are on different volumes,
the snapshots may be out of sync.

Thanks.

Сообщение: Re: Optimizing bulk update performance
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing bulk update performance