Re: jsonb value retrieval performance

От Tom Smith
Тема Re: jsonb value retrieval performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It can be any jsonb so I am asking a general question of the implementaion
for each jsonb storage (not about GIN or table wide indexing, but only within
a single jsonb item in a single row.

A sample would be like (no quotes)

{
a1: {b1:v1, b2:v2, b100:v100}

a3000: {c1:x1, c2: x2. c200: v200
}

you get the idea.  I wonder how postgresql does it when try

jsonb->a1->b1,

 does it read in the whole jsonb tree structure in memory
and get to v1  or it has some optimization so only get v1 instead
of reading in the whole structure.