tablespace directories

От Bèrto ëd Sèra
Тема tablespace directories
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have to monitor a number of pg physical files based on writing
access time. All fine, stats does it. I do, however, have a problem in
finding out where the files are. To get a list I'm using

select  oid,  spcname,  pg_tablespace_location(oid)
from pg_tablespace

however, the location is shorter then I would need (it simply records
how tblspcs were created).

My files are at

<creation path>/PG_9.2_201204301/417519

and I am quite struggling to understand how this final
PG_9.2_201204301/417519 part is generated. Is there any way I can dig
it out from the catalog?

Cheers
Bèrto

--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a